Carrie D. Wilson, CFP ®, CDFA™
Divorce Financial Help: Guiding Your Decisions Before, During and After Divorce
Providing education and support, I help my clients make rational and informed decisions.
- My clients gain understanding of the short and long term financial consequences of settlement options.
- For those clients who feel at a disadvantage due to lack of financial knowledge or experience, I provide education and support as needed.
- I will help gather and organize the data needed to help my clients make fully informed and intelligent decisions.
- I will help clients and their attorneys consider options to complicated settlement issues.
- I will increase the efficient use of the client’s financial resources.
- I help my clients plan for, and transition to, financial independence post divorce.
My personalized service provides valuable information on financial issues related to divorce such as tax consequences, dividing pension plans, continued health care coverage, stock option elections and much more. Many benefits of working together include:
- Analysis of Household Budget/Cash Flow Needs
- Preparation of Current Statement of Net Worth – Assets and Liabilities
- Enhanced Understanding of Corporate Benefits and Pension Valuations
- Illustration of Financial Aspects of Settlement Scenarios – Current
- Illustration of Financial Implications for Various Scenarios –Long Term
- Increased Understanding of your Needs and Priorities
Post divorce transition services help manage the myriad of complex issues once the divorce is final:
- Asset Re-Titling and Beneficiary Review
- Estate Planning Changes
- Divorce Settlement Transfer and Distribution Verification including ERISA assets thru QDROs
- Personal Assistance and Education regarding acquired assets and liabilities
- Budget Analysis and Assistance Establishing your Sustainable Future
- Asset Management Goals, Recommendations and Implementation *
- Personal Risk Assessment to include Insurance Needs, Liability Risks, and Economic Risks
*Implementation services not offered thru Divorce Financial Help.